It is very important to use fresh and quality ingredients and use spices in moderation to prepare a tasty hamburger. “Salt and other spices, used in moderation and at the right time, help bring out the flavor of natural and fresh ingredients and don’t overshadow them.” Before cooking, when the patties are already formed, sprinkle salt and pepper on the meat grinders. Additional spices should be avoided – it is better to season the sauce with them,” Brigita Baratinskaite, head of Maximos’ food production department, is quoted as saying in the council’s press release. Grilled meat, he says, tastes best when cooked right out of the fridge.
“Medium roast beef patty is best made fresh out of the fridge. Dry the slightly frozen meat grinder with a disposable paper towel – this will absorb the remaining water, and the cold meat will help keep the shape of the meat grinder,” says B. Baratinskaite.
Even before cooking the meat, prepare the grill first. “It is important that the grill where the meat is cooked should be clean, without residues of previously cooked food. When making more burgers, try to keep each patty as similar in size as possible. If you have not yet developed good cooking skills, use a special tool to form a meat grinder” – B. Baratinskaite shares her advice and reveals the most important ones:
1. The meat grinder should be slightly wider than the diameter of the bun – the meat will shrink during cooking, and if it shrinks too much, the structure of the hamburger may begin to rotate;
2. When cooking more hamburgers, measure the meat – one patty requires about 170-180 g of meat;
Vida Press photo/Mėsainių maltinukas
3. Press the hole in the middle of the meat grinder with your thumb – the middle of the meat will not rise, and the patty itself will be of uniform size;
4. Store the meat in the refrigerator until cooking, and before cooking – dry it with a disposable paper towel.
5. Season the meat only with salt and pepper, let the natural flavors unfold. Brush the meat with a very thin layer of oil before cooking.
How long does it take to cook meatloaf?
It’s best to cook the meat to the desired level of doneness, and to achieve this, you need to pay attention to not only heating the grill correctly, but also the cooking time and the internal temperature of the meat grinder. .
- Desire rarely when done, it should be cooked for about three minutes on each side and the internal temperature should be between 50°C and 52°C.
- medium rare When cooked, the internal temperature of the meat grinder should be between 55°C and 57°C, which should take about 4 minutes per side.
- cooked medium the internal temperature of the meat should be between 60°C and 63°C, which can be reached after about 5 minutes on each side.
Vida Press Photo/Fried Hamburger Pie
- moderately well made the meat should be tender after about 6 minutes on each side and the internal temperature should be between 65°C and 68°C.
- perfectly cooked Minced meat should be cooked for 7 or more minutes per side, and the internal temperature should be equal to or slightly above 70°C.
Here are some great burger recipes for you: