- 2 tablespoons. a spoonful of olive oil;
- 2 small onions, cut into small cubes;
- 800 g – 1 kg of zucchini, cut into slices 5 mm thick;
- 1 liter of vegetable or chicken soup;
- salt, to taste;
- freshly ground black pepper;
- a large handful of basil leaves;
- whipped cream, natural yogurt or a little crumbled feta – whichever you prefer.
1. Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat, add the onions and fry until they soften and become translucent, but do not let them brown.
2. Add the zucchini pieces to the pot and fry for a few seconds, then pour in the broth, add salt and pepper to taste. Reduce the heat, cover the pot and cook for 10 minutes until the beetroot is soft.
3. Strain the broth and leave for about 20 minutes. “rest”. Then add the basil – we don’t need to cook them, so we keep the purest color and the strongest aroma.
4. Using an electric blender (blender), puree the soup to the consistency of cream. If you want to warm it up a bit, you can heat it up, but don’t boil it. And you can let it cool at room temperature and then chill it completely in the fridge.
5. Serve with sugar-free cream, sour cream or crumbled feta – anything goes, so take your pick.