Well-known grill master Halina Bovšević even recommends making hamburgers from liuli kebabs, according to a message sent to grilling enthusiasts.
Minced lamb was grilled on a barbecue by Armenian ancestors, who cut the meat from the thigh of a lamb for this dish. The meat was chopped very finely and seasoned with salt, ground black pepper and ground coriander seeds and finely chopped coriander leaves. The meat prepared in this way was mixed and kept for about 10 minutes, then the meat mass was put on skewers and cooked on coals.
Later, the nomadic Turks adopted the food and cooking methods of the settled Armenians, so this food spread in Turkey. Previously, only minced meat was used for lulia kebab, but now it is also minced.
You can easily make Liulia Kebab yourself. Halina Bovšević, a well-known grill master and a member of the Association of Lithuanian Barbecue Bakers, says: “It is not uncommon to be afraid of making liulia kebabs from minced or chopped meat, because the meat does not stick or something like that. that.
Mini liuli kebabs made of chicken
© Organizers’ photo.
“When making Lulia kebabs, it is very important to properly prepare the meat itself. You can use both minced meat and minced meat, but after seasoning with the selected ingredients, you need to “beat” it very hard so that the mass adheres as well as possible. Then it will not fall when you shape it on a skewer,” advises the chef.
If you are still worried about the meatballs falling apart, use a special grill mat or cook on a grill pan. In order for Liuli kebabs to have a more expressive aroma, you can put sprigs of herbs next to them: thyme, rosemary, marjoram.
This time, Halina cooked Liuli Kebabs from sliced chicken on a heated flat grill: “Chicken Liuli Kebabs are a rare and unnecessary dish on the grill. They prefer to make them in warm countries. “You can get a lot of different flavors from a very juicy chicken after seasoning it with different herbs, and it’s important not to overcook the liuli kebab so it doesn’t get too dry,” says Halina.
© Organizers’ photo.
Grill master chicken liulii kebabs should not be grilled on an open fire, if the coals have just been prepared, it is better to move them to the side, the heat will be enough for the chicken near the coals. To prevent drying of liuli kebabs, you can store them in foil for some time. And, cheese lovers, finally, you can sprinkle liuli kebabs with finely grated hard cheese.
This time, H. Bovshevich used cooked liuli kebabs to make a hamburger.
“I often crave Armenian food, I worked there and had a very good Armenian teacher. I like to cook liuli kebabs, and using them for burgers is a spontaneous idea, after all, it is more interesting and convenient, and it is also easier to serve – you take the cooked liuli kebab from the grill and add the available ingredients to it, says Halina.
H. Bovshevich’s recipes
To bake 10 buns you will need:
1 tablespoon of dry yeast
0.5 cups of warm water
0.5 cups of milk
2 tablespoons of oil
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
3 cups of flour
1 tablespoon melted butter
2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- Mix the yeast with warm water and sugar, leave for a few minutes to dissolve the sugar and foam the mass. Beat eggs in a separate container, mix with salt, milk, oil. Pour all this mass into the yeast mixture, mix well. Add flour, knead until a smooth mass is obtained. Cover with a towel and leave in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Divide the entire dough into 10 pieces. Make a ball out of each and press it to make a bun. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Cover and keep warm to allow the dough to rise again. Preheat the oven to 180 C. Brush each bun with melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the buns are nicely browned. Cool, then cut lengthwise.
© Organizers’ photo.
Juicy burger with mini chicken liuli kebabs
For 4 hamburgers with liuli kebabs you will need:
4 pcs. hamburgers or ciabatta buns
60 g butter
450 g of chopped chicken thighs
a few spoons of sour cream
parsley, coriander, several sprigs of basil
2 pcs. egg
2 pcs. tomato
4 pcs. Iceberg lettuce leaves
slices of cheddar cheese (if desired)
- Chop the chicken thighs with herbs, sour cream, beaten egg, pomegranate seeds and spices. Shake well so it doesn’t fall apart while cooking. Make small liula kebabs on skewers, grill on both sides.
- Brush buns with butter and grill.
- Spread barbecue sauce on the bottom of the baked bun, add lettuce, skewered chicken liulia kebabs, and diced tomatoes and cheese. Cover with another bun, which also spreads the sauce on the inside. To make eating easier, you can pierce the hamburger with a stick.
Use of information published by DELFI on other websites, media or elsewhere, or distribution of our material in any form without consent is strictly prohibited and DELFI must be credited as the source if consent is obtained.