- 500 g of ground chicken;
- 1 small onion, grated;
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped;
- 1 egg, slightly beaten;
- 2-3 tablespoons. a spoonful of ground breadcrumbs (preferably panko);
- 1 tea. a spoonful of dried oregano;
- 0.5 tea. a spoonful of dried mint;
- 0.5 tea. spoon of salt;
- olive oil (for greasing the pan and forming balls).
- coarsely chopped feta cheese;
- Cucumber cut into thin slices.
for the sauce:
- 150 ml of Greek yogurt;
- 1 tablespoon. a spoonful of lemon juice;
- 1 tablespoon. a spoonful of fresh parsley, finely chopped;
- 1 tablespoon. a spoonful of fresh dill, finely chopped;
- a pinch of salt;
- a pinch of black pepper.
1. Heat the oven to 180 degrees. Lightly grease the baking tray with oil.
2. Put all the ingredients for the balls in a bowl and mix them by hand or with a large spoon – you don’t need to mix much, we don’t want a paste consistency. With oiled hands, roll small balls slightly larger than walnuts. Place them on a baking sheet.
3. Cook the dumplings for about 15-17 minutes.
4. While the dumplings are cooking, prepare the sauce by mixing all the ingredients for it.
5. Serve dumplings with cucumber, feta and ready-made sauce.