How to produce
As soon as you hear the word “burger”, fast food restaurant chains immediately come to mind. While some of us succumb to the temptation of fast food, while others still struggle and try to avoid such restaurants as much as possible, we propose to break fast food stereotypes: such food can be cooked slowly at home, healthy and tasty. Homemade hamburgers are a great example. If you can spare a few hours for dad’s lunch, bake some homemade yeast buns and make your own homemade chicken meatballs. We believe the whole family will be impressed – home-made burgers can easily compete with any burgers you’ve tasted at fast food restaurants!
Often the best and most precious gifts are simple, ordinary, but real things. Make a mini party for dad and surprise him with a tasty and delicious dinner!
bake the buns
1. Preheat the oven to 200 ˚C.
2. Mix a cup of flour with yeast and salt. Cut the softened butter into cubes and mix into the flour mixture. Add warm water and mix well. Then add the rest of the flour in portions and knead a smooth, elastic and non-sticky dough. Make a ball and place in a greased bowl. Cover the bowl with a towel and let the dough rise in a warm place for about an hour until doubled in size.
3. Knead the risen dough a little more and divide it into six equal parts. Make smooth round buns from all the pieces. Place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, leaving at least 5 cm of space between the buns. Cover the tray with a towel and leave to rise for another half hour.
4. Brush the risen buns with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, until the buns turn a beautiful golden color.
COOK THE SAUSAGE
1. While the buns are baking, mix all the ingredients for the meatballs in a bowl. With slightly moistened hands, make 6 round flat patties. Place them on a tray, cover with cling film and refrigerate for about an hour to infuse the spices into the chicken.
2. Heat a little oil in a grill pan. Add the prepared meatballs and cook for about 5-7 minutes until well browned. Then carefully flip it over with a spatula and cook for another 5 minutes until the other side of the cutlet is also beautifully golden.
3. Buns may be baked – take them out of the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 160˚C.
4. Remove the cooked meatballs from the pan and transfer them to a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Top with a slice of tomato and a slice of mozzarella. Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for a few minutes until the cheese melts. Remove the fried cutlets from the oven.
1. While the meatballs are cooking in the oven, prepare the garlic yogurt sauce: mix ground garlic, ground black pepper and natural yogurt in a bowl (you can use mayonnaise if you want).
2. Cut the cooked buns lengthwise into two. Spread the bottom bun with garlic sauce, put some salad leaves. Place the warm fried meatballs on the salad and a spoonful of tomato sauce on the meatballs. Place the top of the bun.
3. Serve immediately. Tasty!
Asta Cherne prepared burgers for father